Mr Rozen said instead of preparing for more outbreaks, the federal government was displaying "a degree of self-congratulation and even hubris" between the first wave in March and April and the second wave in July.
Amounts directed by by Mr Rozen within his final address placed bare the shocking rate by which COVID-19 torn through elderly care homes in Victoria.
The disease has claimed 361 Australian lives with nearly 70 per cent of those aged care residents.
Mr Rozen said if masks had been made compulsory in aged care homes prior to July 13, it "may have ... saved lives".
As of August 27, all personal care workers will only be allowed to work in one aged care facility.
"He sneaked to the absence of co-ordination involving the state and national authorities to the commission, stating there were not clear guidelines, that had" hindered" the healthcare sector's capacity to answer the catastrophe.
"It is unacceptable that such arrangements were not in place in February. It's unforgivable that they aren't set up in August".
"What we know now from the aged care royal commission is that they didn't have a plan", Mr Albanese told reporters in Sydney.
"For reasons that remain unclear the Commonwealth did not publish Professor (Lyn) Gilbert's important report", he said.
"Another lesson that does not appear to have been learned is that providers should plan to lose close to their entire workforce".
Counsel assisting the aged care royal commission Peter Rozen QC delivered a brutal assessment of the lack of pandemic planning for nursing homes.
"The federal government, which has sole responsibility for aged care, was firmly on notice early in 2020 about the many challenges the sector would face if there were outbreaks of COVID-19".
"Tragically, not all that could be done, was done", he said. "And depending on the proof that you have discovered, the business isn't correctly prepared today".
He repeated the voice of elderly care resident Merle Mitchell regarding her own life at lockdown.
Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said everyone working at aged care facilities would be required to undergo infection control training.
Mr Rozen said the level of risk demanded a high level of preparedness, disagreeing with health secretary Brendan Murphy's evidence there was an adequate plan.
"There are three aged-care facilities - in broad terms - in the west of Melbourne that are of particular concern".
"This should have been done back in February".