In addition, building on his last visit, he will review with the parties the implementation of all commitments in the US-Taliban Agreement and the US-Afghanistan Joint Declaration, specifically reducing violence and prisoner releases, the State Department said without divulging further details.
The two assaults took place on Thursday and Friday in separate provinces in Afghanistan, US forces spokesman Sonny Leggett said on Twitter.
The Taliban hasn't attacked USA forces since the deal was made, but fighters have been launching attacks on Afghan forces, according to The Hill.
The Taliban announced a surprise three-day ceasefire with Afghan forces to mark the Eidul Fitr holiday.
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban.
Leggett did not elaborate on the latest air strikes or their targets.
USA officials had repeatedly called on the Taliban to curb their attacks in the almost three months between the signing ceremony and the Eid truce.
An hour-long gunbattle also erupted in Kabul's Gul Dara district when insurgents attacked a police checkpoint, killing three police officers, said Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian.
However, the Pentagon last month said it would continue to conduct defensive strikes against the Taleban when they attack Afghan partners.
Meanwhile, an initial drawdown from roughly 13,000 to 8,600 US troops called for in the deal has proceeded and is scheduled to be completed by early next month.
The February will see all USA and foreign forces quit Afghanistan over the next year. A Taliban spokesman refused to comment on the airstrikes, which were conducted at a time when the USA is steadily pulling its troops out of Afghanistan, Reuters said. "We reiterate: All sides must reduce violence to allow the peace process to take hold".