A man in his 80s from Haliburton Kawartha Pineridge Public Health Unit has died, but how he became infected has not been revealed.
Five other cases are attributed to close contact with a previously confirmed patient. She also told people returning to homes with residents that are not in quarantine, then you must isolate yourself in another place of the house away from everyone.
"This is sad news and we are offering our condolences to the family".
Dr. Yaffe says a total of 377 cases confirmed in Ontario.
Saturday's morning disclosure includes one more patient who has made a full clinical recovery, raising Ontario's total to six. The SMDHU has announced there is evidence of community transmission in the region. The ministry says 15,768 people have tested negative for the virus.
The health officials note they expect to see more cases crop up as the days go by.
It is noted the Barrie man had travelled to Alberta and was the region's third case of COVID-19 under investigation by the health unit.
A man in his 70s who was being treated at the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) in Barrie, Ont., for COVID-19 has died, raising the provincial death toll to three. Health officials said that the woman's case appears to be a community acquired infection.
A Markham woman in her 70s died this weekend, and her case was linked to travel.
A Barrie man in his 40s, who was in England, is in serious condition at the Newmarket hospital. Ottawa Public Health and The Ottawa Hospital are now investigating and contacting individuals who may have been in close contact with him at the hospital.