There are now 1,567 people under investigation, the province says.
The Ontario provincial government has declared a state of emergency.
Grocery and convenience stores, pharmacies and manufacturing facilities will stay open, Ford says.
Toronto Mayor John Tory said in a statement he was fully supportive of the state of emergency declaration and thanked the province for taking decisive action.
"He was found positive for COVID-19 after death as a result of close contact with another positive case", said Hayley Chazan, a spokesperson for Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott, in an email.
Ontario previously ordered all public schools closed for two weeks following March break.
The prime minister also praised Ontario's decision to declare a provincial emergency.
The COVID-19 numbers are expected to be updated on Tuesday at around 10:30 a.m.
The declaration also prohibits organized public events of over 50 people, including parades and events and communal services within places of worship until March 31st.
Dr. David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health, has responded to a death of a Barrie man that occurred at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Barrie that is potentially related to COVID-19.
On Sunday, the province furthered restrictions on public places, ordering the closures of most recreational facilities, including bars, clubs and concert halls, in an effort to prevent the escalation of COVID-19.
$100 million for increased capacity in hospitals to assist with the effective treatment of COVID-19 patients both in critical care and medicine beds.
The premier is calling for businesses to work together to support workers affected by the outbreak, introducing the first stage of a $300-million COVID-19 relief package.
Peter Phillips, an infectious-diseases physician at St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver and a clinical professor at the University of British Columbia, said Canada should be testing more people, including those with mild respiratory symptoms who haven't travelled outside Canada or come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
As of Monday, Ottawa Public Health began instructing those with no or only mild symptoms of COVID-19 not to call them.
While the move is only temporarily, it is not yet known when the city's establishments will be allowed to re-open to the public.
This comes as Ottawa's Medical Officer of Health has urged residents to avoid all non-essential trips out of the house, wherever possible. Ford added no expense will be spared to support Ontarians in need.