The UK media broke the news late on Tuesday, citing sources, that Queen Elizabeth's youngest son was "committed to the legal process" and was "more than happy to talk" but "hasn't been approached yet", adding that the Duke of York was "angry about the way this is being portrayed and bewildered as to why this was said in NY".
The pressure, along with new details against the late pedophile's global activities is making Britain's top force reconsider its 2016 decision not to investigate, The Sun said, citing documents from a Freedom of Information application. "It seems certain people are jumping the gun".
'Indeed a week hasn't gone by since then when he hasn't had extensive meetings with his lawyers at Royal Lodge [his Windsor home] and Buckingham Palace preparing for such a meeting. USA investigators could interview him in the UK.
Royal sources branded the move a "publicity stunt" created to pile on public pressure and force his hand. But one admitted that the Duke could not ignore the scandal and that it was hoped he would comply.
In the interview, he also discussed claims made by Virginia Roberts that when she was 17, she was procured by the convicted sex offender and forced to have sex with Prince Andrew on three occasions. She is seen here with Prince Andrew and the prince's friend, Ghislaine Maxwell.
According to sources, Andrew is "committed to the legal process".
The Duke of York, who was famously close to the disgraced fancier, publicly addressed his friendship with the deceased Epstein in November in an explosive interview with BBC that critics called "disastrous". The US investigation is looking at possible "conspirators" who worked with Epstein.
But Geoffrey Berman, US attorney and the lead prosecutor in the inquiry, said Monday that the Duke of York has not responded to requests for an interview.Читайте также: César 2020 : l'actrice Sandrine Kiberlain présidera la 45e édition
Buckingham Palace refused to comment on Berman's claims, made at a news conference in NY on Monday, saying the matter was being dealt with by the prince's legal team.
A source close to Andrew is reported as saying: "The duke is not under any obligation to talk to lawyers representing alleged victims of Epstein at the moment, but he is totally willing to talk to any law enforcement agencies, be they the police or Federal Bureau of Investigation".
A spokesman for United States attorney's office in NY said last night: "In light of the statement Prince Andrew issued I just feel it's appropriate to say we've made several attempts to contact his representatives".
Lisa Bloom, who represents five of Epstein's alleged victims, said it was time for him to "do the right thing".
Her Majesty has also come under fire for standing by her second eldest son, with many criticising her.
British police may soon re-open their own investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's inner circle - in a probe expected to include the sordid accusations against Prince Andrew, it was revealed Wednesday.
"So, it's time to stop playing games and to come forward to do the right thing and answer questions".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2021 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог