Testing for Ottawa's first suspected coronavirus case has come back negative, Ottawa Public Health has confirmed.
The province's two confirmed case are a middle-aged couple who returned to Toronto from the Wuhan area of China last week.
Both she and her husband had spent time in Wuhan, Hubei Province, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak. The man, in his 50s, went to Sunnybrook Hospital in an ambulance the following day and remains there in stable condition.
"To protect the individual's personal health information, OPH can not disclose additional details about the individual who underwent the testing", said the city's public health agency in a statement.
There are 2 people recovering in Ontario, along with a confirmed case in BC.
Health officials previously said she was asymptomatic and staying in isolation at her own home.
CTV News Ottawa has confirmed that one of those 23 patients is in Ottawa.
Canada's only other confirmed case was a man in his 40s living within the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority region.
Downtown councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam said stigmatizing Chinese-Canadians in the city could easily exceed the damage caused by the virus, which so far in Canada has only made two people mildly ill. "That is an unfortunate effect of what will happen unless we change course".
Dr. David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health for Ontario, centre, Dr. Barbara Yaffe, right, Associate Chief Medical Officer of Health and Dr. Eileen de Villa, Medical Officer of Health for the City of Toronto attend a news conference in Toronto, on Monday, January 27, 2020, as officials provide an update on the coronavirus in Canada.