Meanwhile, the province announced Friday that Toronto, Peel, and North Bay-Parry Sound will remain under its lockdown measures and stay-at-home order until at least March 8.
"These are hard but necessary decisions, in order to protect against COVID-19 variants and maintain the progress we have all made together", Health Minister Christine Elliott said in a statement.
Doris Grinspun said her organization is pleased that Ford listened to health officials in Toronto, Peel and North Bay, but the shutdown should have been extended in York too.
York Region is the only COVID-19 hot spot lifting the stay-at-home order and will move to the red zone of the province's colour-coded reopening framework on February 22.
The stay-home order was lifted for the majority of the province earlier this week as the government moved ahead with an economic reopening despite warnings it could set off a third wave of infections.
Even in the strictest level of the province's reopening framework, some businesses would be allowed to reopen with capacity limits. The Province also confirmed 1,456 resolved cases and 29 new cases of the COVID-19 variant that originated in the UK.
Provincial officials also said they're preparing an online and telephone-based booking system as the vaccine becomes available for the general public, though they could not confirm at what point the online-booking system will be ready for the public.
Through the province's Operation Remote Immunity, all adults in 32 northern and remote communities (31 First Nations and the Town of Moosonee) are expected to be fully vaccinated by the end of April.
"Our Vaccine Task Force, led by General Hillier, is executing our vaccine distribution plan with military precision and we have now administered over a half a million doses".
Phase One of the vaccine rollout focused on high-risk populations, including residents of long-term care homes, high-risk retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes.
Ontario reported 1,150 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, a rise from the previous day as another 47 individuals died as a result of the virus.
The Province of Ontario has confirmed 847 new cases of COVID-19 this morning, bringing the total number of cases in the Province to 287,736.