"While those people affected are not required to undertake a COVID-19 test upon leaving quarantine, they are reminded to continue to monitor for symptoms and get tested if they start to experience even the mildest of symptoms".
To determine who is and isn't able to travel to Victoria, the state has put in place a traffic-light system; each part of the country will be marked as either green, orange or red.
The changes do not impact travel between border communities.
Mr Andrews said from 6:00pm Monday, anyone seeking to enter Victoria would be required to apply for a permit on the Service Victoria website.
But Ms Neville believed this backlog would "go down significantly" now the permit system had been introduced.
Under the new system, anyone who has been in a red zone in the past 14 days is not allowed to enter Victoria without an exemption.
Victoria has recorded a sixth consecutive day without a local or interstate acquired coronavirus case, as the state's border with regional NSW reopened following the launch of a new permit system.
It was also announced Monday that regional NSW would move from a "red zone" to "orange", meaning Victorians stuck in those areas could return home. Greater Sydney and Brisbane will remain red for now, but Andrews said the situation will be reviewed daily.
The changes came into effect from 6pm on Monday, but the permit system wasn't available on the Service Victoria website for nearly three hours after the scheduled launch.
More than 31,000 permits to enter Victoria have been processed since, with applications completed in an average of five minutes.
A government spokeswoman apologised for the delay.
"The early signs are positive, however, we will not know if the variant has spread further until at least a full 14 days after the last day the infectious case was in the community", Dr Coleman said.
"There were technical issues of trying to get this stood up properly, with Services Victoria working through some of the glitches to make sure it was working properly before going online", Ms Neville said.
"But in the meantime a number of people were absolutely inconvenienced, frustrated, and probably quite anxious as a result of that".
Meanwhile 1200 players, support staff and tennis officials are set to flow into Melbourne from 5 pm Thursday for the Australian Open.
ACT Chief Health Officer Dr Kerryn Coleman also said that the ACT no longer considers Greater Brisbane a COVID-19 affected area, and thousands of ACT residents and non-residents can now leave quarantine and travel can resume between the two states.