Tiley had originally wanted players to start arriving in Australia from mid-December so they could undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine before playing traditional warm-up events before the Grand Slam.
The Australian Open is scheduled to begin at Melbourne Park on January 18. But questions remain over quarantine arrangements for players and their entourages an estimated 2,500 people.
Tennis Australia says the dates for next years Australian Open in Melbourne should be known within two weeks.
Tiley said on Sunday that Tennis Australia was still "doing everything we can to finalise the summer of tennis as soon as possible" after the Victorian state government said this week nothing had been confirmed around the tournaments.
We are working closely with the Victorian Government on a plan that takes into account the needs of the players, fans, our partners and staff and is of major benefit to the Victorian and Australian economies, Tiley said.
'We are continuing our urgent talks with local health authorities regarding quarantining and bio-security requirements and are confident we will have decisions soon'.
But the Melbourne _Herald Sun _said it could be pushed back as far as early March.
Tiley said Tennis Australia was "aware" of the need for certainty but is also conscious of reaching a solution with the state government that ensures the safety of the entire community.
Twenty-time Grand Slam champion Nadal said it was an unprecedented situation and urged patience from players.
"Just hearing the applause and hearing the fans and sensing their energy and their emotion and their kind of excitement for being there and cheering you on on the court, that's something that I think we're all missing".
"Strange is probably the right word to describe the season, but nevertheless I still feel like we played a lot of tournaments considering we had a six-months gap in the middle of the season", he added. "That is hard for everyone", he said at the ATP Finals in London.