Drive-thrus were set to re-open between Tuesday, June 2 and Thursday, June 4, with locations being released on the morning of each day.
McDonald's in Stevenage and North Herts have reopened for drive-thru today..
Last week, the chain reopened 33 Drive-Thru sites but the company said it chose to close some lanes where demand "impacted local communities or the safety of our people or customers" due to long queues.
A further 497 restaurants that will be operating as drive-thrus re-opened from 11am and 43 will begin offering McDelivery.
McDonald's also plans to expand its delivery options to 75 of its branches through Uber Eats or Just Eat.
Paul Pomroy, chief executive officer of McDonald's United Kingdom and Ireland, said: "Moving in step with government guidelines, we plan to reopen all our drive-thrus by early June".
The global chain has announced a number of measures to protect staff and customers.
A spokesperson for McDonald's said: "We are glad to be back but it will look a little different and may take a little longer, so please bear with us".
Customers are encouraged to use contactless methods for payment.
"Over the last fortnight, our employees, franchisees and suppliers have worked tirelessly to implement new procedures to enable safe working so that we can now help all parts of the United Kingdom and Ireland to enjoy the return of the Big Mac".
McDonald's has said there will be no breakfast items and a more limited menu, plus reduced opening hours.
"Learning from our initial phases, we will start to return to towns and cities across the United Kingdom and Ireland".