The decision to move USA consulate staff and families was due to the outbreak of the coronavirus "and logistical disruptions stemming from restricted transportation and overwhelmed hospitals in the city of Wuhan", the spokesperson said in a statement emailed to Reuters.
"The community needs to understand that it is being well handled in concert with the state and territories, and the Commonwealth government", he said.
Health authorities in the city of Hechi in Guangxi province said that a two-year-old girl from Wuhan had been diagnosed with the illness after arriving in the city.
But the US health-care system has a lot more experience combating the flu, said Dr. Kathy Lofy, the state's health-care officer and the chief science officer.
"We are taking this in a very precautionary way. It is about early protection".
"We are steadily pushing forward the disease control and prevention".
All three are in stable condition and exhibiting light symptoms such as a dry cough, he added.
DoH has confirmed the tests for a patient in Northern Ireland are negative for coronavirus.
"Everyone is just trying to protect themselves", said a man in a surgical mask at a Wuhan pharmacy where customers were stocking up on masks, gloves and disinfectant. "He's fine", Ms Buzyn said. City leader Carrie Lam also announced Saturday that trains and flights from the city of Wuhan would be blocked. He was confirmed as positive at 2.15am today following a series of tests.
Passengers wearing protective masks arrive at Sydney International Airport.
Meanwhile, four people in South Australia are undergoing tests as a precaution but authorities say the likelihood they actually have the condition is low.
China's National Health Commission said it had formed six medical teams totalling 1,230 medical staff to help Wuhan. It has since advised against travel to Wuhan and Hubei province and on Friday said any arrivals from Wuhan would be rejected by immigration. The disease is listed as having "pandemic potential", allowing border measures to be enhanced. He died after vomiting, it said.
Zhong Nanshan, a top Chinese expert investigating the virus, told state media it is certainly a "human-to-human transmission phenomenon". But as with every virus, it has an incubation period, meaning detection is not always possible because symptoms have not appeared yet.
China's most festive holiday began in the shadow of a worrying new virus Saturday as the death toll surpassed 40, an unprecedented lockdown kept 36 million people from travelling and authorities cancelled a host of Lunar New Year events. A third case was announced in a statement from her ministry about three hours later.
The city of Macau, a gambling hub hugely popular with mainland tourists, has confirmed two cases.
"We must stand united so that we can prevent and control the disease", she said, in a nod to the political unrest.
Airports around the world have stepped up screening of passengers from China.
Crossbench Senator Rex Patrick has called for all direct flights from China to Australia to be screened by biosecurity staff.
The city-home to around 11 million people-is struggling to cope with the increasing number of patients and is quickly building a new hospital.
The Chinese army deployed medical specialists Saturday to the epicentre of a spiralling viral outbreak that has killed 41 people and spread around the world, as millions spent their normally festive Lunar New Year holiday under lockdown.