As Saudi Arabia faced intensifying worldwide scepticism over its story about the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a senior government official laid out a new version of the death inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul that contradicts previous explanations.
For weeks Saudi Arabia denied knowledge of what happened to him, initially claiming Khashoggi had left the building.
Khashoggi was last seen on October 2 when he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.
On Saturday, the Saudi authorities said that Khashoggi died in the course of a "fight" with agents who were trying to interrogate him in the legation.
"The Saudi account has been met with widespread worldwide skepticism and allegations of a cover-up".
"We are determined to find out all the facts".
Earlier this week German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said that there was "no basis" to continue arms sales to Saudi Arabia "as long as we don't know what happened".
Turkish authorities nearly immediately concluded that Khashoggi was targeted by a 15-man squad of Saudi agents who killed and dismembered him in the diplomatic mission.
In that interview, al-Jubeir described the death of Khashoggi as "a grave mistake" and said that those responsible will be held to account.
Mr. Khashoggi, a USA resident who fled Saudi Arabia previous year, was an outspoken critic of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Al-Jubeir echoed President Donald Trump's warnings against rushing to judgment against Saudi leaders, saying, "There is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty", and that some have "turned that upside down".
Saudi Arabia said 18 Saudis were arrested and that several top intelligence officials were fired.
She said Germany would discuss further "reactions" to the case with its worldwide partners. He urged U.S. President Donald Trump, the U.S. Congress and the worldwide community to demand evidence of what happened to Mr. Khashoggi. It's impossible to believe the crown prince wasn't involved.
"They came back to Saudi Arabia; they filed a report to that effect".
Kuwait praised King Salman for his handling of the case, while Egypt, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have been among those reflecting similar praise.
Turkish President Recap Tayyip Erdogan has announced he will "go into detail" about the Khashoggi investigation, including what authorities know about the 15-member "hit squad", in a special parliamentary address on Tuesday.
Where is the investigation now?
A joint Turkish-Saudi team completed an investigation into the case on Thursday after searching the residence of the consul general as well as the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.
Police have searched the nearby Belgrad forest in Istanbul where they believe the body may have been taken and one official was hopeful its fate would be known "before long".
"If Saudi state involvement is indeed proven, the global community must stand firm in its stated resolve to insist on the highest level of investigation and punishment for those responsible - both for the perpetrators of this horrendous crime and the masterminds who ordered it".
Later on Sunday, the Saudi monarch, King Salman, and the crown prince called Khashoggi's son, Salah Khashoggi, to express their condolences, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.
Khashoggi's body, the official added, was rolled up in a carpet and given to a "local cooperator" for disposal.