Being just the second starting quarterback to return in the last nine years at Auburn, Stidham has experience seeing the field more than QBs in years past.
"I feel like there is a lot of unfinished business for me", he said back in January. And to win the West, you got to beat them.
- "There's nothing like experience in our league. And I just really sense urgency and a hunger from that group".
- "I think there's a very high likelihood that Dontavius Russell will be in the National Football League". Says he's very good against the run and will take on double-teams to open someone else up. "We laid an egg. That's taking nothing away from our opponent".
"Kirby wanted more vacation, maybe work on his basketball game because he never beet me at Valdosta State", Muschamp said.
"He understands Coach Lindsey's expectation", Malzahn said. Our offense grew and towards the middle of the year, I felt like we were really clicking. From 2014-16, however, the Tigers were 23-16 with a 11-13 record in conference play.
Auburn is expected to be a top-10 preseason pick by most. "I'm anxious to have more control". "In this conference, it all starts with the quarterback position".
The Auburn sports information helps bridge the team's age gap by listing players' birthday minus the year they were born. "We're going to be able to play winning football".
- "It's about being relentless, tough and intelligent, that hasn't changed".
The media's projections for the league and division champions, the order of finish and All-SEC players are scheduled to be released today.
"I'm going to hit for the cycle next year", he said. "We'll worry about Notre Dame when that game comes".
"I can't audible on the sandwich, but hopefully he's going to let me audible a little bit on the field", Lock said with a laugh.
- "Look at what's happening at Florida, Dan Mullen, a proven victor". "I know our coaches feel the same way as far as that goes".
- Despite Mason being fiery about it on the main stage, Wiley said the team does not motivate itself with outside projections. They have their culture and stay within that, he said.
Gene Chizik led the Tigers to the title in 2010 and was sacked two years later. They know what they're getting into. "I think I kind of knew Auburn was the spot for me and sure enough, it worked out". That's the best rivalry in college football.
- "I've made friends some of you, others not so much". Breaking: football coach has unusual relationship with media.
"Kristi's been wanting to go to Israel probably for about the last five years, and it was our 30th wedding anniversary, and then it just so happened this year most of the month of July is a dead period, and so [we] went ahead and made plans".
Nobody walks both sides of that line quite like Malzahn.
- Muschamp points to safety as a place for concern.
- On Jake Bentley: "I'm glad he's our quarterback, I can tell you that right now. We're going to do some things to take advantage of his skillset".
- Muschamp on the Saban assistants, himself included, spreading through the league: "Athletic directors are always looking for the next guy in that mold".
Georgia gave the No. 24 Fighting Irish a 20-19 loss in week two a year ago. Later: "I think Jeremy will do a great job".
- Muschamp brought up on the stage that SC has 13 players on roster from the state of Georgia, doing so as he stands in Atlanta, but Wonnum added onto it relative to the significance of the Georgia game.
"Then you're talking about a guy that goes to SMU and he took over a very, very tough situation, and to get those guys to a bowl past year was big".
- Bentley had an interesting take on RPOs. There were only two guys in the country that I would have relinquished this defense to, one is at Stanford University, Lance Anderson, and the other is Jason Tarver.