During anti-terror raids in North Sinai Province northeast of the capital Cairo, the Egyptian forces killed 15 terrorists, a military spokesman said Wednesday.
Egypt's army said in a statement on February 11 that 66 targets "used by terrorist elements to hide from air and artillery attacks, and to escape from their bases during raids" were destroyed.
Meawhile, the statement noted that the Air Forces destroyed seven vehicles that a number of militants were using to flee the army's intensive operations.
Egyptian forces have killed 16 jihadists and captured 30 others as part of a massive anti-terrorism operation in northern and central Sinai.
According to the statement, the raids destroyed 181 mountain huts, hideouts and warehouses containing explosives and chemicals used for making improvised explosive devices.
Since the launch of Operation Sinai 2018 last week, at least 38 militants have been killed in an offensive to defeat militants behind a string of attacks in the country.
Terrorists in Egypt have, apart from targeting security personnel and Copts, they attacked a mosque in North Sinai's Arish in November 2017, killing at least 310 Muslim worshipers and injuring more than 120 others.
A video purportedly by the Islamic State's affiliate in Egypt is calling on its fighters to stage attacks during next month's presidential elections and warning Egyptians to stay away from polling centers, The Associated Press reported Monday.
Militants linked to ISIS and based in North Sinai have waged a deadly insurgency against the country's security forces.
Sisi was elected to his first term in 2014 after the army ousted Islamist President Muhammad Morsi following mass protests against his rule.