Logan Paul posted last week the video that showed him and his friends laughing about the body in Aokigahara-jukai in Yamanashi Prefecture, a dense forest at the foot of Mount Fuji.
For those unfamiliar with the whole debacle, the YouTuber posted a video on December 31, showing a suicide victim in Japan's Aokigahara Forest, commonly referred to as "Suicide Forest".
The expert added that people won't forget the scandal - obviously - but if Paul is savvy he can re-enter public life before the year is out. It so happened that Paul and his group encountered a dead man who appeared to have hanged himself. They react with shock, but also make jokes.
YouTube has made a decision to cut ties with Logan Paul following a firestorm of criticism over the vlogger's controversial Japan "Suicide Forest" video.
"The scandal will scorch him with advertisers, who opted out of his video library on YouTube and sponsorships faster than he could fly home from Tokyo", Eric Schiffer, Chairman of Reputation Management Consultants, told the free newspaper Metro. "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season four of "Foursome" and his new Originals are on hold".
"We believe this requires a new approach to advertising on YouTube, carefully considering which channels and videos are eligible for advertising". He has more than 4 million followers on Twitter. Google expressed its disapproval and condemned Paul's suicide video, highlighting that suicide should never be seen as a light thing or be exploited as a means to gain more viewers.
Paul has not posted any videos in the past week, saying he was "taking time to reflect".
On Tuesday, Jan. 9, YouTube said that Paul's channel violated its community guidelines and it will have consequences.
However, he's continued to upload other videos he filmed in Japan prior to the incident. George Grow was the editor.