The robbery, which happened during an alleged drug raid, was caught on video by a security camera nearby.
The police force has more than 1,000 members and while only 19 are suspected of being involved in the two crimes, the country has made a decision to replace them all. The Caloocan City police chief was removed from office shortly after that, but a law enforcement official told Rappler the suspension was not a punishment.
The Caloocan City Police has been in hot water since August 18 over the killing of 17-year-old Kian Loyd de los Santos by city policemen carrying out a supposedly anti-illegal drug operation.
Officials have not given much details on the replacement process, which will probably take some time as it is happening in a big city with a large police force.
Another teenage boy, Carl Angelo Arnaiz, 19, was recently killed.
Friday's order came after a police unit reportedly conducted a warrantless operation last week and amid public outrage over the successive killings of teenagers allegedly linked to drugs offences.
However, the cab driver said during a press briefing last week that this sequence of events was scripted and that police had, in fact, arrested Arnaiz and brought him to the precinct alive.
The Caloocan City police force in Metro Manila, now at the center of multiple controversies, including the shooting death of 17-year-old Kian delos Santos, is starting over from scratch - a month after being named Best City Police Station in the National Capital Region.
He added that only Caloocan City Police chief Senior Superintendent Jemar Modequillo and his deputy, Chief Inspector Ilustre Mendoza, were spared as they were recently appointed earlier in September.
Albayalde said the reorganization would be done in batches to ensure police operations are not interrupted.
In a report on ABS-CBN, Albayalde said that personnel in one Caloocan station have already been fired, while the firing of officers from other stations will follow in the coming days.